There are currently employment vacancies in the Intentional Community.
Use the contact from for further information about working with Jackson, Daniel and Ben.
From time to time there will opportunities to be employed as a co-resident, housemate or support worker with each of the young men.
Jackson and Ben
Jackson and Ben each have a co-resident living with and supporting them. They do not share a house but each have their own home.
Disability Support Position – Co-Resident Live-In – Woden
- Interested in sharing Ben/Jackson’s new homes and helping them with their personal care and general daily living requirements.
- Enthusiastic, caring, reliable and believe in inclusive opportunities for people of all abilities.
- Interested in this great opportunity to share Ben/Jackson’s home and life. Experience is not essential, finding the right co-resident is.
As a co-resident, you will be employed through Hartley Lifecare. Benefits of the position:
- Rent-free accommodation, sharing with Ben or Jackson in a newly built (2013) three-bedroom townhouse in Philip, ACT.
- Payment of a salary.
- Have 4 weeks annual leave
- Have 5 public holidays annually
- Have time off some weekends (to be negotiated)
You will be required to:
- Attend to Ben/Jackson’s personal health, physical and emotional needs and wellbeing
- Shop for and prepare healthy balanced meals from fresh ingredients
- Treat the home with respect and maintain a high level of cleanliness
- Be free to work or study between (hours to be negotiated) every weekday
- Hold a current driver’s licence
- Work very closely with Ben/Jackson’s family and Hartley Lifecare.
FREE ACCOMODATION is being offered by a sociable 23 year old male with a mild intellectual disability in the Philip / Woden area of Canberra. The free accommodation in an unfurnished bedroom in an otherwise newly built furnished house is offered in exchange for 10-12 hours per week of some practical assistance in the home.
Roles would be such as meal preparation, grocery shopping, and companionship (accompanying to movies and local sporting events). No personal care is required.
This brand new home is located very close to Woden Town Centre shopping plaza, its bus station, CIT and Canberra Hospital amongst other amenities. Ideal for students, hospital workers or anyone socially minded seeking a quiet homely environment. Age 20-35 preferred but not essential. Non-smoker.
The homesharer will have their own bedroom, bathroom and garaged car parking and will share the common parts of the house. Bills to be split 50-50.
Community Connections Homeshare Programme brings together people with disability who live independently and could benefit from help in the home in return for free or low cost accommodation.